Our Team Member
Max Tam Yuen Hung
Divorce Lawyer Malaysia: Tam Yuen Hung & Co. (TYH & Co.) is a law firm in Cheras, Malaysia founded by Max Tam Yuen Hung based in the township of Bandar Mahkota Cheras, Selangor, Malaysia.
He is an advocate & solicitor of the High Court of Malaya practicing in Kuala Lumpur & Selangor in Malaysia.
He read law and holds an LLB (Hons) from Northumbria University of the UK. The following year, he obtained the Certificate in Legal Practice (CLP) from the Legal Profession Qualifying Board Malaysia (LPQB).
He was trained in an established law firm known as Messrs Shearn Delamore & Co. and further started his legal practice in Messrs Mark Law Chambers, a litigation & conveyancing law firm in Kuala Lumpur before setting up TYH & Co.
His main focused area of law is Divorce & Family Law in Malaysia and is an experienced divorce lawyer handling countless of joint divorce petitions (Mutual divorce) as well as single divorce petitions (Non-mutual divorce) in Malaysia. Besides, he is also an experienced lawyer in the laws of guardianship and custody of children in Malaysia.
- Obtained sole custody of child for the respondent mother in the High Court of Ipoh in a custody application filed by the father in 2017.
- Obtained the permission of the High Court of Kuala Lumpur in 2017 for the applicant husband to file for divorce petition (for marriage less than 2 years) based on the facts that the wife is unreasonably affecting the life of husband (emotionally).
- Obtained joint custody of children for the respondent mother in the High Court of Ipoh in a custody application filed by the father in 2018.
- Defended for the respondent mother in an application for overnight access on the child filed by the father in the High Court of Kuala Lumpur in 2018. The High Court allows limited access (visitation right) to the father with no overnight access allowed.
- Acted for the wife in settling for a substantial amount of maintenance for both wife and children in the High Court of Kuala Lumpur in 2018 to save time and cost of the wife without resorting to litigation.
- Represented the applicant husband in 2018 to file for divorce within 2 years from the date of registration of marriage. Application to divorce within 2 years is allowed by the High Court of Kuala Lumpur based on exceptional circumstances and hardship suffered by the husband.
- Defended for the respondent husband in a committal proceedings in the High Court of Kuala Lumpur filed by the wife in 2018. Consent judgment entered between both parties.
- Acted for the applicant husband in an application to vary the consent judgement (on maintenance of child) on the basis that the husband is facing financial difficulties in the High Court of Kuala Lumpur in 2019. The High Court allows the variation to be reduced to a reasonable amount to ensure that the welfare of child is protected.
- Acted for the applicant wife in an application to vary the consent judgment (on custody) in the High Court of Johor Bahru in 2019. The High Court directed that both parties must honor the consent judgment and the child must continue to stay with the wife’s mother as agreed earlier.
- Acted for the respondent husband in a divorce petition in the Ipoh High Court in 2019 and successfully gained liberal access including overnight access to the children for the respondent husband. Respondent husband also required to pay lower amount of maintenance to children after considering his income.
Will Writing & Estate Planning Law is also one of his focused area of law where he had garnered much valuable experience during his previous employment in one of the most reputable will writing & estate planning company in Malaysia. This includes application for probate and letter of administration in Malaysia.
He is also experienced in advising and drafting business & commercial agreements for small & medium-sized companies and start-ups in Malaysia and advising on matters relating to the Malaysian immigration law.
Throughout his practicing years, he is a firm believer that all disputes (in family) could be resolved amicably with proper mediation between disputing parties to protect the interest of parties and welfare of the children (if any).
Our lawyer, Max Tam Yuen Hung is also fluent in the following languages:
- Bahasa Malaysia;
- Cantonese; and